Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Roof design 1.0

Here are a few sketches Linnea and I drafted up to get an idea of scale and roof design.
The red shows useable (>6 ft) 2nd story space. Each example is to scale. 20 ft wide, 8ft ceiling. 
nb. The cheesery is 30º but doesnt have a 2nd story knee wall like the one pictured. Im a fan of that one, (Gable 30º). Simple clean, plenty of space and will let more light in than 45º. Maybe somewhere in the middle.

Here is a quick sketch of the basic framing options for that design.
Queen Post, Common Bent 
and
King Post, Common Purlin
 Just a primer really. CAD to come once final dimensions are squared away.


1 comment:

  1. I like the blog and I am a fan of Kneewalls - that's whatwe did with Pigeon Flat. I also like simpliciy and light so am wiling to forego symetry for extra view or sun exposure.
    Another consideration is taking advantage of slping site. Must give it some thought.

    ReplyDelete